Must Have List Of Items To Bring To An Amusement Park
Preparing to go to the amusement park is a bit like packing for a vacation. Since you will be stuck somewhere that is not your home and has all kinds of weird rules, you want to go in ready for just about anything.
Though most amusement parks do have things that you can’t bring inside, there are plenty of acceptable essentials that you might want to take with you.
Considering the fact that you will be truly stuck the moment that you enter the park, it is up to you to make sure that you have everything that you might need.
This is what makes taking the right tools to get you through the day so important, which is why we have compiled this list of items to bring to an amusement park.
Protection from the elements
If you want to have a good experience at the amusement park, then you need to prepare for the general craziness of weather.
Since the majority of your time will likely be spent outside, it is important to manage your experience with that in mind.
This means preparing for sun, heat, cold, and even rain. You never know what might come your way.
• Sunblock— This is probably the most important thing that you can take to an amusement park. Hours of sun can put your skin at significant risk.
There is nothing that ruins a day quite like getting an awful sunburn and then continuing to be stuck in the sun. Consider choosing a high SPF sunblock that is waterproof. Your skin will thank you.
• Umbrella— Though there are likely places that you can hide from the rain at an amusement park, taking an umbrella is a great way to avoid losing your spot in line.
Since rollercoasters shut down when it rains, most people have to leave the line to protect themselves.
If you have an umbrella, you can stay and wait out the storm.
• Sunglasses— Just like your skin, your eyes can be very sensitive to sunlight. This is why you should take sunglasses to keep them safe.
This will also help you when you are trying to navigate the nightmare that is an amusement park map. As an added bonus, sunglasses make just about anyone look cool.
• Chapstick— When it comes to surviving various temperatures, chapstick is a much needed necessity.
Since you can easily get dehydrated out playing in the sun, this will keep your lips from suffering while you expose them to wind, sun, and god only knows what kind of grease.
For best results, consider choosing a chapstick that also has sunblock in it.
• Electrolyte Powder— Though this is completely optional, taking an electrolyte powder to mix into your drinks can help you stay hydrated and combat the blistering heat.
This is a good way to stay comfortably going strong for hours. Most even have added vitamins, which can keep you energized and ready to go for the next big ride.
When you decide to visit an amusement park, there are some things that you absolutely must have if you want it to go well.
Essentials can help you comfortably manage the day in a way that will have you ready to go back again next year. These supplies will keep you going strong all day long.
• Cash— Visiting an amusement park can be fun, but it is also incredibly expensive. Everywhere you go there is something that you can pay for.
This might be buying a stuffed animal for a date, paying to win a goldfish, or eating something greasy and delicious.
It is important to know that not all of these kiosks accept cards, so having a little cash on hand is your best bet to ensure a good day.
• Bathing Suit— The majority of amusement parks in this day and age have water-based rides.
While you might think you’re more of a rollercoaster person, you simply haven’t lived until you’ve flown down a terrifying slide in an inner tube or almost lost your bathing suit on a vertical slide.
Taking a bathing suit is a great way to make sure that you don’t miss out on anything.
• Light Jacket— Depending on the weather, you will want to bring some kind of jacket. It can be eighty degrees during the day and then still get cold at night, particularly in the Fall.
Packing a jacket that you can pull out if you need to is a great way to help you seamlessly transition to amusement park nightlife with ease.
• Hand Wipes— Amusement parks attract a lot of people and that means that there are a lot of germs.
Considering how much it costs to go, most people won’t want to miss out even if they are sick.
In order to avoid catching the plague, it is best to have some sanitizer wipes that you can use to clean off your hands before eating. You can assume that anything you touch at these places is filthy.
• A Phone Battery Pack— If you want to make sure that you can stay in constant contact with your group, taking a battery pack for your phone is a great idea.
This will make sure that you have enough juice to take all of the pictures and videos that you want and still can meet up with your ride home at night.
Since amusement parks are huge, your chances of finding someone without a cell phone are incredibly small. Don’t risk it.
If you want to get the most out of your amusement park adventure, taking everything that you need is a great first step.
At the end of the day, you will not want to leave the amusement park wishing that you had taken something you hadn’t.
Amusement parks are also notorious for up charging a ton for these essentials, so it is always best to avoid having to purchase them there.
A little preparation can take you a long way when it comes to having a fun day out.
Related: What To Wear To An Amusement Park